I am contemplating the snow flakes – or rather storm – from the cozy environment of our small flat in Finland, allowing my mind to swirl just like the wind outside….
During the past few weeks, i have again and again been confronted with questions and statements like ”Why are people doing this? ” ” – or that?” , “Why is life complicated?” , “Life is so fast-paced!” , “People have no time for themselves anymore!” , “I want to fix the world!” …..
WOW! fixing the world… yes, I heard this yesterday…
Now, while some of you might think, “what a honorable thought”, I wanted to know more: “What exactly do you mean by “fix the world” ? and “What exactly is wrong with the world? what part of the world do you want to fix?”
Just as I challenged that lady, I would like to challenge you…
What part of your life do you want to “fix”?
Is it the people? Work? Family? The entire country? The system? Technology? Politics?
The environment? …
Here is a small exerise:
- Make a note of the things that you are bothered by.
- Note: not the things are bothering you, but you are bothered by them!!
- Be aware of what is “wrong”, “bad”, “ugly”, “stupid”, “corrupt”, “damaged”, “old” etc.
- Make an effort to consciously find positive aspects for each negative one
- Place your awareness on those details… over and over…
- And become aware of how your feelings towards this object or person change…
As I am still contemplating the snow storm…. I am seeing more and more of the beauty of the snow flakes… enjoying more the coziness of our small, warm flat….
So for today, I would like to leave you with one of my favorite quotes:
“Change the Way You Look at Things, and the Things You Look at Will Change!”
As always, I invite you to a warm cup of tea at the center.